The rehabilitation section is led by one of our vets, Jane, with support from the nursing team - click the PDF below to download our digital Rehabilitation leaflet.
Jane trained with the Canine Rehabilitation Institute in the USA to become a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist and also holds a Certificate in Veterinary Physiotherapy (ESVPS). More recently, Jane attained her Level 3 certificate in hydrotherapy for small animals.
She is a Committee Member of the British Veterinary Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Association (BVRSMA), and former Chair ( 2010-14) of the Institute of Registered Veterinary & Animal Physiotherapists (IRVAP). Jane is also a member of ABVA (Association of British Veterinary Acupuncturists) and AARV (American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians).
Some of the conditions where some form of rehabilitation may be of benefit include:
- Orthopaedic conditions eg elbow / hip dysplasia, osteoarthritis
- Soft tissue injuries to muscle, tendon and ligament
- Open wounds
- Pre and post orthopaedic and neuro surgery
- Conditioning for athletic / working dogs
- Pain Management
- Mobility problems in older cats & dogs
- Obesity management
- Gait abnormalities
Modalities available include:
- Thermal therapies (hot & cold)
- Massage, myofascial release, soft tissue and joint mobilisations
- Electrotherapies eg neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES), transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), therapeutic ultrasound (short / longwave), pulsed magnetic field therapy, phototherapy
- Therapeutic exercise
- Hydrotherapy - in house underwater treadmill
All animals undergo an individual assessment from which, in conjunction with the owner, a rehabilitation plan is formulated.
We are happy to assist with animals belonging to clients registered with another veterinary practice but only in conjunction with the animal's own vet where consent has been given by them.
For more details, please view our PDF below.