Below you will find the latest opportunities at St Boniface Vets.
Small Animal & Equine Veterinarian
We are looking for an experienced team focused individual to fill a predominantly small animal role. Full and part time considered. There is potential to be involved in some Equine work, which would be an advantage.
We are a proudly independent, mixed practice in beautiful mid Devon near Exeter, moors and coasts so plenty of opportunity to develop a great work/life balance. To enable this to happen we are offering:
- 4 day week.
- 1:6 rota with a week block of nights on call (lovely on site accommodation for on call duties if you are based further away).
- Dedicated night nursing team ensures excellent inpatient care.
- Well organised rota with plenty of notice for forward planning.
- Purpose built, fully equipped clinic.
- Recently modernised office and rest space and plans to incorporate gym facilities.
- Regular team meetings – where your input is welcomed.
We have excellent small animal facilities which we are continually striving to improve. We boast laparoscopic capabilities, full range of videoscopes, dental radiography, ultrasound and two onsite physiotherapists with underwater treadmill. We welcome and work alongside visiting orthopaedic and ophthalmology services.
15 minute appointments are standard with emphasis on building strong client relationships.
We are an approachable team with a broad level of skill and experience. We pride ourselves in supporting both recently qualified and more experienced team members to develop their personal areas of interest. Covering our own out of hours allows our vets and nurses to develop and maintain key skills in managing emergencies. This also ensures our clients and their pets have continuity of care and means we can follow cases though to outcome.
We are active members of the XLVets community which provides a further network of colleagues, for advice, guidance and general camaraderie! As an experienced colleague you would be encouraged and funded to work towards a certificate.
- RCVS and VDS paid
- Generous salary and CPD allowance
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Employee assistance programme
Apply with CV to email@example.com
Vacancy Region: South West England
Employment Type: Part time (Full time considered)
Experience required: +2 years administrative experience and agricultural experience would be advantageous.
The Company: St Boniface Veterinary Clinic is a proudly independent mixed practice based in Crediton, Mid Devon which has evolved over the past 65 years. Our aim is to provide a high standard of care at a fair price, along with professionalism and approachability.
The Location: Based at either our Crediton Clinic or Bude office, travel between the branches would occasionally be required.
The Role: We are excited to announce that a fantastic opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to join our team as a TB Co-ordinator.
It is important that the TB Co-ordinator show initiative, is able to take on responsibility and also has a keen eye for detail. You will need proven communication and organisational skills. You will also have a strong work ethic whilst adhering to our practice values. A good understanding of farming and knowledge of the fight against bovine TB is desirable.
As TB co-ordinator you will have primary responsibility for contacting clients to book in their TB tests and responding to their questions about them and communicating with APHA over any queries. As well as co-ordinating our TB testing provision the job will also include some general admin work.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as first point of contact to all our farm clients. Ensuring that our clients receive the best possible service every time they visit.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our clients.
- Corresponding with our clients via face to face, telephone and email.
- Organising of Vet’s diaries.
- Organising TB tests with Farms.
- Organising TB paperwork and delegating TB work within the practice.
- Inputting TB test data into TB recording system.
- Communicating with APHA and UK Farmcare.
- Labelling and dispensing large animal medications whilst complying to strict practice dispensing protocols.
- Coordinating all dispensing on to our Practice Management System and working with various other IT systems.
- Assisting in maintaining stock control.
- Maintaining dispensary cleanliness and standards.
- Complying with GDPR regulations and client confidentiality.
- Filing, scanning and other various administration duties.
Applications with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org